A recent make for my Nephew.
Crafty stash used:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads – Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Dusty Concord and Black Soot
- White acrylic paint watered down
- Stars from Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling die set
- Spellbinder Nestabilities Circle die set
- Ultra fine crystal glitter
- Silver paint pen
To begin I pressed the ink pads onto a craft mat and sprayed with water. I pressed a piece of watercolour card into the ink and moved it around a little to ensure the ink bled into each other a little. It was left to dry. Next the fun bit – flicking the watered down white paint onto the card. I’m still finding flecks of white paint all around my craft table (not to mention my new black jeans, oops). I cut out a circle and cut another small circle in the off cut. The greeting was typed into a Word and printed onto card. I cut it out and went around with my silver paint pen. The starts were glitter and everything was stuck down.
I’m delighted with the result. It was fun to make and I’ve learned a few lessons – watch the paint when flicking it and wear an apron!