It was my Husband’s birthday just over a week ago. In my head I had planned this hand drawn card but the reality was that I was clearly brewing my sinus infection and couldn’t focus or sit at my craft desk for too long. I had bought a stamp set it the summer with various sports images on so decided I was better making a quick card with the new stamps rather than agonize over having nothing!
Crafty stash used:
- Docrafts/Papermania, It’s a Man’s World clear stamps by Clare Curd
- Tim Holtz/Stamper Anonymous Stars stencil
- Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress ink in Festive Berries
- Sizzix, Ovals/Scallop dies
- Blue embossing powder, red card, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Promarkers and star sequins
I basically stamped the image of the footballer and coloured with my Promarkers (red for his favourite team). I coloured a section for grass and a section for sky and cut out with my scallop die. I stamped the ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment and embossed with the blue embossing powder and hand cut the banner shape.
To give the red card background something extra I inked the Festive Berries ink through the star stencil to give a tone on tone finish. It was all glued together and the sequins stuck on to finish.
Considering how fuzzy my head was (and still is to a degree) I’m quite pleased with it. Not at all as I had planned but there is always next year!