I will keep this short today as I’m writing on my phone. My laptop has decided that it needs a rest so is stubbornly refusing to work and I feel totally lost without it. I can’t help but think that the snazzy windows update it gave itself has something to do with it. My phone is also playing up now!
Week 23 prompt was ‘Texture’. I’m pretty much glued to watercolour at the moment so I decided to try something I had seen a while ago to create a textured background. A very cool but bizarre technique saw me reaching for the cling film from the kitchen.
I drew and masked out the seahorse (this was attempt number 6 as I kept pulling the masking fluid off to quickly – lessons learned to wait till it is totally dry first) and then painted a wash of three blues, lightest to darkest. I did this twice to get the intensity I wanted and, while still wet, put the cling film on top. It needs to have bumps and crinkles in it as that gives the texture. Once dry you can lift it off to see all the lovely texture.
The seahorse is mostly watercolour with some colour pencil for added depth.
I’m off now to get infuriated with my laptop again………